Monday, March 13, 2006

Perfect Book Perfect Time

I forgot to mention this in my earlier post. Yesterday when I was feeling sorry for myself (as I damn well should have been), I came across the perfect book for right now--please read earlier posts to see what I mean by this. The Awakening by Kate Chopin. The very title and the setting could not be more perfect for this time in my life. Books are like very inexpensive counselors; all that you need to do is find a book that matches your mood/situation/whatever, and you have something that will instantly comiserate/cheer or amplify any other emotion you are having. I love books so much. I just have to say that I earned a degree in Literature without ever having read this book; don't know how I did that. But what I think is even more impressive is that I never took a single course about Shakespeare; purposely. But enough about books for the evening. I am sore from running, especially my neck...all that tension crying to get out of my body, and then hurting me when it did escape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home