Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Lowest Gas Price in the Nation, or the Lamest Blog Ever Written

So the Gem State is home to the lowest gas price in the nation at $2.36 a gallon in Jerome, Idaho. (Can you tell that I have absolutely no idea what to do with myself now that I am home minus my sweetie?) $2.36 a gallon the lowest price? Not to sound like an old timer, but that is a ton of money! I am still in my twenties, but remember buying gas for 89 cents a gallon when I was in high school. And apparently the average price in the nation is $2.91. I bought gas for $2.52 a gallon today (thanks to my trusty Albertsons Preferred Card three cents off a gallon discount).
Basically I am bored. I don't know what to do with myself, I don't feel good (strep throat? Allergies?) I miss Ben and I plain old want to be whiney tonight. I thought that I could write something thought provoking and interesting about the gas price thing, but no, alas this will live in history as being the lamest post ever.
Something that annoyed me this morning, again showing what a lovely mood I am in, was the picture of the local lady who went to New Orleans for a few weeks to volunteer her time helping the Katrina-ravaged region. Well guess what. I was there for EIGHT MONTHS. That's right, I was there for the better part of a year. Did you live in shelters? Did you help set up the American Red Cross headquarters THREE separate times? I don't think so. So why do you get to be on the front page of the local paper looking all smug because you volunteered a tiny bit of your time, and I get nothing? That feels good to get that out, but still I was volunteering, and wasn't doing it to get any recognition. I just am whiney today, and this is my blog, so I can whine all that I want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home